History

The Faculty of Agriculture was founded in 1939 based on the Department of Veterinarian Science, the Second Part of Ogori Agricultural School, Yamaguchi Prefecture. It developed into the Faculty of Agriculture of Yamaguchi University in1949 with two Departments: Agriculture and Veterinary Science. After several reorganizations, a two-department system consisting of the Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences and the Department of Biological Chemistry was created through the establishment of a joint Department of Veterinary Medicine in April 2012. In the former Department, where the limit of number of students per year is 50, food production and environmental protection is the main focus on education and research. Likewise, the latter (limit 50), the focus is on life science of micro-organisms, plants and animals.